TDP West Details
October 23, 2021
TDP WEST EVENT DETAILS
TDP West - San Buenaventura Beach, Ventura, CA
WHEN: October 23, 2021
WHERE: San Buenaventura Beach, Ventura, CA
WHAT: 1-day charity ride that raises funds for young adults affected by breast cancer.
The Pacific Coast Highway
Iconic bike trails and world-class views of the sea and mountain ranges
Welcome to TDP West!
You can choose to ride 20, 36 or 62 miles. All of the routes head south from San Buenaventura Beach to Oxnard before heading back to Ventura then west to Carpenteria for the longer distances.
All routes are basically flat compared to West Coast rides in the past.
Start Time 8:30 am Exact mileage 61.6; 2331 total elevation
Start Time 9:30 am
36 miles exact mileage 37.7; 873’ total elevation
**Note: the start time for the the 20-mile and 36-mile routes have changed to 9:30 am.
You can read all about bike shipping and rentals on the All Things Bikes page.
This year’s one-day event will be held on Saturday, October 23, 2021 and will start and end at San Buenaventura State Beach in Ventura, California with access to the Pacific Ocean for a traditional post-ride ocean dip and photos!
Friday, October 22, 2021
The Ventura Beach Marriott
2055 E Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM Early Packet Pick Up - C Street Meeting room in the Ventura Beach Marriott
Beat the morning rush by picking up your bib at the Marriott on Saturday evening. We will be onsite from 5-7pm to check you in and to answer any questions. Plan to meet up with your fellow riders and friends!
Saturday, October 23, 2021
San Buenaventura Beach, Ventura, CA
- 7:00 AM – 9:45 AM Packet Pick Up/Registration
- If you have not picked up your number the evening before, please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of your ride to allow for the necessary steps of registration.
- 8:15 AM All participants assemble at start line for welcome announcements
- 8:30 AM 62 Mile Ride departs
- 9:30 AM 36 & 20 Mile Ride departs
- 11:30 AM Riders begin to return
- 12:00 PM Lunch at San Buenaventura Beach opens
- 1:30 PM Program Starts
- 2:15 PM Survivor Dip
- 3:00 PM Lunch ends
For your information:
- Each Participant will receive a parking pass for one vehicle for the San Buenaventura Parking lot, passes will be provide at registration Friday night or at the parking lot gate Saturday morning
- Bike mechanics will be onsite to provide mechanical support throughout the ride
- Pre- Ride and Rest Stop snacks and beverages are provided along the route
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles will be available
- Motorcycles will also accompany riders as will Ride Marshals
HONORING LISA J. FRANK, TDP CO-FOUNDER
This year to honor Lisa J. Frank, co-founder of YSC Tour de Pink, the ride has been renamed the YSC Tour de Pink Lisa J. Frank Memorial Ride. Lisa passed away on December 30, 2020 at the age of 58. To ensure her memory lives on, TDP will include her name this year and for all future rides.