October 23, 2020
All riders are responsible for getting themselves and their bikes to the starting location. If you ship your bike, we will have your bike waiting for you at the starting hotel.
Getting to the Start
The ride will begin at the Palm Garden Hotel at 495 N Ventu Park Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320. This is 45 miles north of Los Angeles.Driving: You may leave your car parked at the Palm Garden Hotel in Thousand Oaks all weekend for free (we will provide transportation back to the Palm Garden on Sunday). See the hotel on google maps here.
Flying: The following airports are closest to the starting hotel:
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) - 45 miles to Palm Garden, approx. 1 hour by car
- Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA) - 61 miles to Palm Garden, approx. 1 hour by car
From the airport, take a taxi or Uber/Lyft to the hotel - we encourage you to post on our TDP Family Facebook group if you’re looking for fellow riders to share a ride!
If you are flying, click here to learn how to ship your bike safely and easily, or rent a bike for Tour de Pink.
By Train: You can take Amtrak to the Moorpark (MPK) station. The Palm Garden Hotel is located about 12 miles south of the station.
Getting from the FinishSunday afternoon:
- We will provide bus service (ticket purchase required) from the finale celebration at San Buenaventura State Beach, back to the Palm Garden Hotel in Thousand Oaks. You must purchase a bus ticket online before October 16, 2020. We will also transport your bike to the hotel.
- We will also provide bus service (ticket purchase required) from the finale celebration to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). You must purchase a bus ticket online before October 16, 2020. We will also transport your bike with you if needed.
- All buses and shuttles will leave the finale at 3:30 pm. So please plan flight times accordingly to give yourself ample time to get to the airport.
You are responsible for getting yourself to and from the event hotel. Because the Saturday ride is a loop starting and ending at the Hilton Resort in Santa Barbara, there are no additional transportation needs for the one-day ride. See the hotel on google maps here.
You may leave your car parked at the Hilton Resort for the day for $21. Day guest valet parking is available for $15.
If you choose to ride as a 1-day rider on Sunday, you may take advantage of one of the bus services above (ticket purchase required). Friday 1-day riders will need to find their own transportation if they need to return to Thousand Oaks.
- Bikes shipped to our partner bike shop will be taken back from you at the Sunday finale celebration, disassembled and shipped back to you.
- Bikes will only be transported to the airport locations if they are packed in travel boxes/cases. Bikes being transported to airport locations are the responsibility of the participant to take apart and pack into the travel box/case.
- Tickets must be purchased online by October 16, 2020.